In view of the implementation of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("Act"), ACE Money Exchange Sdn Bhd (“AMX”) recognizes the need to process all personal data obtained in a lawful and appropriate manner. AMX is committed to protecting the personal data supplied by a data subject to ensure compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements in accordance with the Act. This Policy covers the processing of all personal data and sensitive personal data whose use is controlled by AMX.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Name, company name and job title.
• Contact information including address, phone number and email address.
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
• Information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
• Information necessary to provide you with services offered by AMX.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. The purposes for which your personal data may be used are:-
• Internal record keeping.
• To provide services to you.
• To improve our products and services.
• To customize this website according to your interests.
• To enable you to provide goods or services to AMX.
• To administer your participation in any contest/ program related to the public organized by us.
• To conduct internal activities.
• To send you promotional message and special offers based on your privacy preferences.
• To better understand your needs as our customers.
• For security and fraud prevention purposes.
• For statistical analysis.
• For profiling your preferences.
• For finance and marketing activities.
(collectively "the Purposes")
It is necessary but non-obligatory that you supply us with the required personal data. If you fail to supply us with such personal data, we may not be able to process and/or disclose your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
By submitting your personal data in the various forms in this website and/or that is part of it, you hereby and authorize consent to us processing (including disclosing) your personal data for the Purposes and/or for any other purposes related to the Purpose.
If you do not consent or subsequently withdraw your consent to the processing and disclosure of your personal data, we will not be able to fulfil our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and/or for any other purposes related to the Purpose.
Accessing and controlling your personal data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on this website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes (if applicable).
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal data to send you promotional data about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may at any time after the submission of your personal data to us, request for access, correction to your personal data and/or limit your data processing by writing to us at the following address:
ACE Money Exchange Sdn Bhd
Level 16, BO2-B, Menara 3,
No 3, Jalan Bangsar, KL Eco City,
59200 Kuala Lumpur.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may share your personal data with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when:
(1) permitted or required by law; or,
(2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or,
(3) investigating fraud which has already taken place.
We may also disclose your personal data for all such other purposes that are related to the Purposes for which we originally collected your personal data.
We may collect information about your use of our website leverage on cookies technology or other web tracking technologies. Cookies are small packets or small bits of data created by a Web Server while a user is browsing a website, and placed on the user’s computer or user’s other device by the user’s Web browser, which assist your website navigation by personalizing Web site information that tailored to your needs.
• Make your experience more personal to you.
• Make sure your services are not interrupted.
• Collect device information about your computer.
Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer or device used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of the website as we are unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
Further information about cookies and how they work is available at www.aboutcookies.org
Integrity of your personal data
You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete, and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date. We may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is provided by you to us and you agree to use your best endeavours to do so.
Transferring your personal data outside of Malaysia
It may be necessary to transfer your personal data to companies within the ACE Group of companies or service providers outside Malaysia for purpose of fulfilling our obligations to you in respect of the purpose and also in providing integrated services, maintaining and storing records.
Updates to our Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check our website on an ongoing basis for information on our most up-to-date practices.
Our Contact Details
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, kindly contact us during office hours (between 9.00 am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday) at the following contact points:
Attn: Compliance Officer
Telephone: 03-2279 3301
Address: Level 16, BO2-B, Menara 3, No 3, Jalan Bangsar, KL Eco City, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
Time: 9.00am to 6.00pm